Updated: Nov 9, 2020
With more intimate weddings being planned, we wanted to share some of our favourite ideas to get you inspired!
1. A Giant Tipi or small Vintage Marquee makes for the most perfect small and intimate wedding celebration at any time of year. They can be made super cosy with heating and beautiful lighting in the winter and open and airy in the summer. What’s more they are a blank canvas and can be dressed to suit your individual style and choice of venue! Check out our flexible wedding solutions here.
2. Circle aisle! - It’s a little different and we love it! A beautiful set-up for the most magical photographs and everyone gets an uninterrupted view too!
3. Social media ban – consider a social media detox and take a little break from everything going on in the world and focus your day on making fabulous memories with those you love.
4. Cosy corner – Ditch the formal seating after your wedding breakfast and create a cosy and stylish chillout corner. Comfy seating, a drinks trolley with teas, coffees… cheeky tipple Our *New wicker collection* is perfect for this!
We believe a fire-pit is a must for all outdoor weddings! A place to get cosy around the fire- toasting marshmallows and sharing tales.
-Add a few benches, blanket box and some sparklers for good measure.
6. Splurge on the beautiful items such as a glamorous flower hanging centrepiece or a decadent flower arch. Allow yourself the luxury to choose statement finishing touches that create memorable décor with WOW factor such as a giant vintage chandelier decorated with flowers to match your bouquet.
7. Whilst splurging on the little details, ditch what doesn’t matter. Instead of a photo booth, get crafty and create your own photo wall. Our *New Peacock Chairs* would be perfect for this!
TIP: You can decorate them with flowers to match your bouquet too!
8. Keep the entertainment going all day and all night. For winter dos we LOVE the idea of a Chill-out tipi filled with retro console games and your favourite board games!
For summer we have our beautiful *New Vintage Boho Lawn Games*
9. Personalise all the little details - the joy with a smaller wedding is you can add all the little personal details for your guests without taking as much time as it would for a big do!
We love personalised photographs, anecdotes, little quotes, hand-written notes and rhymes.
10. Instead of favours you could have a crafty corner where you guests make something to take home. You’ll find some guests have a natural creative flair and some not so much… the disasters are always entertaining though!
Our favourites are:
Flower crown making. Dried flowers or fresh flowers make the most beautiful flower crowns. It’s all super affordable too! Some wire, some string and some flowers!
Glass decorating. Have your guests design there own glass for the evening!
(Don’t forget drying time!)
11. Get your guests involved! Pimp your prosecco by day & pimp your hot chocolate by night!
Or hire a specialised bartender who knows how to perform! They’re an encyclopaedia when it comes to your favourite cocktails, quirky facts and know-how to wow you and your guests with tricks.
12. Have a little outdoor scavenger hunt! Hide little treats to be found! Think Easter bunny but for weddings! The clues lead to the prize – the cake!
13. Instead of a big three-tier cake you can have individual mini cakes! How beautiful do these look!
14. Skip the traditional three-course meal- do your favourite! If that’s personal platters for a banquet effect, afternoon tea, brunch or even late-night supper!
15. Cleaning station – It may not be what you’re wanting to think about but it makes any nervous guests a little more comfortable. Make it a cute little cleaning station set-up on some vintage furniture. Wipes, sanitizer and some spray.
TIP: Add some coconut essence to hand sanitizer, it’s kinder to skin and smells amazing too.
16. The day after the night before. Our Tipis are set up two days before your day, giving you a full day for dressing and decor, and are taken down two days after your event for you to undress them. A smaller ‘do’ means less cleaning and tidying up! You can use your second day for a family meal or little boozy BBQ.
We have designed some flexible wedding solutions to suit every couple.
We have our beautiful intimate Tipi wedding packages, suitable for 15 guests starting from £1800
This year, some couples preferred to rescale their wedding to suit government guidelines, rather than postpone. If this would be your preference too, we can plan your dream wedding Plan A and your dream wedding Plan B day.
Your Plan A (and the one we hope will go ahead) may for example have 80 guests. But we can also plan your Plan B with fewer guests meaning your day can go ahead with no stress. We will simply rescale your day to suit the current government guidelines.
Reschedule – if your dream wedding is a big ‘do’ for next year and if it looks like it can’t go ahead we will work with you to reschedule your day.
Refund – if your day cannot go ahead due to government guidelines and you’d rather not rescale or postpone we can offer you a refund.
Meaning despite this unprecedented time you can still plan your dream day with peace of mind! – and we would love to be involved.
Love The Unique Tent Company team
x o x o